Monday 9 December 2013

Changing new tyres, Michelin Pilot Sport 3

First of all, for you guys out there that had been visiting this site, I would like to thank you as this site had reached 10,000 pageviews. To tell you the truth, it wasn't that easy to keep on was money really play important part in doing this.

As for today,  I just wanted to share that I had changed the extractor as well as the air intake and do some settings with the ecu that result in gain of hp.

But with the gain of power kinda bothers me with few safety issues which mostly comes from my tyres that needs some changings as it had been worn for more than a year. The rainy season just made it worst, I barely couldn't take corner more than 60kmh compare to 100kmh during hot sunny day.

I did some research and concluded that the Michelin PS3 is the mostly recommended. Well the thing is that I dont want to spend much and most of the time I will not push my tyre to the limit. So a good tyre that sticks on the road during dry road condition and also perform during wet road condition is my main choice.

Apparently, I did go to few tyres shop to compare prices. Some of the glamorous shop even try to sell me the tyres only and quoting balancing or alignment differently. But after few shops I managed to find one decent with good pricing. I managed to get them rm280 each with balancing and alignment. Kinda a good deal. The sales guy told me that normally at the end of the year they would sell it cheaper to clear this year's stock.

After inspection of the tyre, it was written that it had been manufactured the 37th week 2013. I also request them to change the tyre valve into steel one's for rm10 each.

As where did I did this? The shop called Lim Tayar nearby taman bahagia area.



My opinion for this tyre? After using this for a month, I could say that it really work well on rainy days. The tyre cuts water very good compare to my previous falken and stock tyre. The sidewall is slighty stiff and it doesn't really sound noisy on highways. It is quite an ideal tyre for me.

1 comment:

  1. dear sir, could u care to elaborate on the extractor change and ecu setup. thanks, cause i am also planning to change my extractor, i would like to know about the noticeable gains and also fuel consumption and btw urs auto or manual tranny. thanks sir!

    ReplyDelete